Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) satisfies curiosity and engages superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, lifestyle, sports and kids programming brands. Reaching more than 3 billion cumulative viewers across pay-TV and free-to-air platforms in more than 220 countries and territories, Discovery's portfolio includes the global brands Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. Discovery reaches audiences across screens through digital-first programming from digital content holding company Group Nine Media, Discovery VR, over-the-top offerings Eurosport Player and Dplay, as well as TV Everywhere products comprising the GO portfolio of TVE apps and Discovery K!ds Play. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Analyst - Digital Analytics to be located in our New York City office.
Discovery Digital Media covers a wide array of verticals including TV Everywhere, OTT, VOD, DLTO, Social Media, and Virtual Reality. Our digital analytics team plays an integral role in delivering insights for product and strategy decisions. Our small team is growing quickly and looking for an analyst that can interpret complicated data and convey concise analysis to stakeholders. The role will leverage a number of tools to derive actionable analysis and recommendations. Responsibilities:
1. Work day in and day out with product, programming, and marketing teams to unearth insights to promote data-driven decisions
2. Performance analysis on such projects as new device launches and marketing initiatives for web, mobile app, and connected device platforms
3. Communicate user insights in product meetings, strategy sessions, email, and presentations
4. Contribute to “tagging” QA and User Acceptance Testing to ensure cleanliness and completeness of our data
5. Learn a number of tools and evangelize digital analytics to promote self-service within the company
* Bachelor's degree
* 0-3 years of experience with web analytics
* Proficiency with Google Analytics
* Experience with SQL, R, Python a plus
* comScore and Tableau experience a plus
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]