As a Registered Client Specialist, you will:
Be responsible for the client service & marketing functions of one or more Financial Advisors following a wealth management or portfolio management business approach, including any operational functions necessary to meet client service requirements.
Client Service and Operations
- Assist with proposal generation, preparing new account paperwork, opening accounts, transitioning new assets to Baird and establishing an ongoing communication/client service plan.
- Answers all incoming Financial Advisors' phone calls and handles as appropriate. Initiates action and advises Financial Advisor of action taken. May contact potential clients with Financial Advisor's direction to introduce products.
- Schedule client appointments and/or conference room for appointments.
- Stay current and understand firm policy and procedures in an ever changing regulatory environment, being able to articulate the reason for certain requirements to clients as needed.
- Initiates and completes all transactions required to fully service client accounts i.e. paperwork, correspondence, client request fulfillment and special projects as needed
- Ensures compliance with Baird's policies regarding correspondence, books and records requirements including trade policies, seminars, and marketing.
- May enter security orders including stocks, bonds, fixed income, options, annuities and other investment vehicle orders per Financial Advisors' instructions or upon client's verbal direction.
Marketing and Business Development
- May manage the Social Media strategy for Financial Advisor(s)/team, including LinkedIn, FA Website, Twitter, etc.
- May Maintain FA website, including periodic review calls with the provider. Prepare and present content ideas to FA.
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Financial Advisor(s), as well as leverage the platform to manage the client relationship through mailings, reporting, e-mail tracking, and more, with the goal of implementing well-defined client service models.
- May organize and coordinate seminars and client events at the direction of Financial Advisor(s). Develops client lists, designs material and seminar/meeting content, coordinates PowerPoint presentations and follows through with client contact.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Compelling careers working side-by-side with the best in the business
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Support and flexibility to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree or industry experience comparable to Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of prior industry and/or administrative work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Series 7/63 or 7/66 or 7/63/65 licenses preferred or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird's Private Wealth Management technology platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including e-mail); ability to adeptly exchange ideas and information.
- Strong organizational skills -- consistent ability to prioritize work flow of self and Financial Advisors in order to achieve specific goals in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy. Critical thinking and proactive problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills with ability to perform semi-advanced math.
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $157 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird's culture, click here.