The position is responsible for leading the program strategy, operations and projects to design, develop, execute and evaluate corporate and sales events that align with and support business strategic and operational objectives.
Program Management & Operations
• Communicate and consult with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders–including senior leaders, top producing channel partners and other business stakeholders--to develop and define strategies, objectives, metrics, expected outcomes and requirements for events.
• Lead and facilitate a virtual team of stakeholders, vendors and suppliers.
• Measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness, efficiency and return on objectives/investments of event programs, at the individual and portfolio level.
• Monitor and proactively benchmark industry trends and gather intelligence to identify and leverage best practices for events and programs with comparable scale and objectives. Develop and implement improvement recommendations that strive to produce better event outcomes for the business, such as desired behaviors, increased engagement, higher satisfaction, better program costs or other results.
• Develop and maintain documented policies, processes and procedures to govern event operations and align with corporate policies and processes.
• Collaborate with corporate functions (e.g., corporate procurement, corporate payables, etc.) to source, negotiate, contract, and compensate external vendors and suppliers. Manage external vendor and supplier relationships to align/direct work activities, ensuring on-time delivery and quality of staff and services, adherence to corporate compliance policies and alignment with corporate values.
• Lead the process to define, manage and mitigate event risks through risk, security and emergency management processes and action plans, in collaboration with internal corporate functions and external vendors and suppliers.
• Develop and manage the cost center budgets for sales conferences; develop detailed line-item event and project budgets, ensuring they align to project targets, stakeholder budget guidance and top line department cost center budgets.
• Manage and implement all operational and administrative deliverables to support events, including financial reconciliation of final bills, invoice payments, purchase orders, IRS and regulatory compliance reporting (as needed), records retention, supply management, calendar management, travel management, post-event evaluation and wrap-up, and other tasks as needed to manage event operations.
Project Management / Event Logistics & Execution
• Design, manage and implement projects according to defined scopes, objectives and desired outcomes; gather, analyze and document business requirements.
• Manage and implement the comprehensive scope of project deliverables by:
o Managing and coordinating project resources, including internal and external stakeholders, project team members and external vendors/suppliers;
o Tracking, managing and communicating project action items, risks, issues and changes;
o Developing and implementing recommendations for resolving issues and mitigating risks;
o Evaluating, sizing and addressing change impacts to project scopes;
o Tracking and communicating the status of projects.
• Develop and implement logistics that enable speakers to deliver onsite business content and presentation messaging. Consult with stakeholders and vendors to design, develop, and implement creative concepts as needed that maximize the onsite and post-event impact and longevity of messaging.
• Develop, coordinate and execute on the delivery of all event logistics per detailed designs and requirements, including (but not limited to): attendee management; speaker management; event communications (invitations, save-the-dates, announcements, promotions, registration, etc.); awards presentation scripts and awards productions; registration; pre-planning meetings; pre-event rehearsals and walk-thrus; onsite signage; onsite collateral and materials; audio/visual; production and multi-media; venue and banquet management; air and ground transportation; entertainment; décor; recreation activities; awards; gifts/giveaways; billing; compliance reporting; inventory management and storage of event assets; and other logistics as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 or more years of related work experience, such as, events or hospitality planning/management
• Experience with communicating with multiple levels of the organization, including senior executives
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated knowledge of event management processes and tools, industry standards, and best practices
• Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating and implementing large scale or complex events (examples may include multi-day/night conferences, conventions, recognition and rewards events, product launch events, corporate events, etc.)
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of project management methodologies
• Demonstrated experience with negotiating contracts and/or managing external vendor or supplier relationships
• Up to approximately 15-20% travel time may be required to staff on-site events (for example, travel periods may require up to 25-30 travel days during a three-month window each year to implement statewide go-to-market launch campaigns; sales conferences and/or pre-event site visits may require an additional 10-20 travel days) Valid driver’s license required.
• Able to work evening and weekend hours as needed to complete projects on time or to manage the on-site execution of events
Business Specific Criteria (Preferred):
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, hospitality or event management, business, communications, or other similar field of study
• Master’s degree
• Certified Meeting Professional designation or other related professional certification
• Experience planning and implementing sales incentive and rewards trips/events and corporate or sports hospitality events
• Knowledge of risk management strategies and practices related to event management