Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Under minimal supervision, independently manages execution and timely completion of equipment build. Is capable of developing a project scope and determining project specifications, and developing project build schedules to ensure client satisfaction.
- Enjoys and experienced with hands on equipment building
- Able to perform machinist/milling/lathe operation
- Is familiar with mechanical drawings and schematics
- Independently determines project scope, develops a project plan, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and material
- Works directly with vendors on material and logistics requirements
- Capable to travel to client sites.
- Able to troubleshoot issues with existing equipment - internal or external
- Manages projects for equipment accessories such as fixtures and weight bags.
- Communicates project status and results to clients through frequent contact
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Documents drawings, BOMs, vendors, etc. to ensure a standardized process for equipment build - must be repeatable and reproducible
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University education (Equivalent to Associate degree) in a related discipline plus 3 years directly related work experience.
- Machine build work experience
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
- Experienced in Solid Works
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management concepts