Internship - Private Wealth Management (Portland, OR Summer 2017)
Our Intern Program:
Our intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Baird's summer activities include an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple development sessions, and other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
As a Private Wealth Management Intern, you will:
- Assist with various projects from Financial Advisors (i.e. research companies or stocks, assist with the coordination of branch or client events)
- Assist with administrative functions including answering phones and responding to basic client questions and forward more advanced calls to Client Relationship Associate or Financial Advisors for handling
- Schedule various meetings, conference calls, etc. for Financial Advisors
- Process paperwork and documents necessary to assist others in the department
- Create various Excel spreadsheets
- Perform additional duties and assist with projects as assigned
What makes this a great opportunity:
- Be part of a team of top performing associates and learn about the career options in Private Wealth Management
- Gain hands-on, real world experience with a highly ranked organization
- Work in a fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
What we look for:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance preferred. GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior office experience in a corporate or university setting
- Must have excellent customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette
- Must have a professional and positive attitude
- Experience with the Microsoft Office package
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week in the summer
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $157 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. C ommitted to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 6 on FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, its thirteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird's culture, click here.
To apply for this internship please apply online at www.bairdcareers.com Thank you for your interest.
Baird is an Equal Opportunity Employer .