Project Engineer-Fire Suppression
In local or international projects, our engineering teams run investigation programs for product certification, starting with analyzing the project scope and determining the project specifications, continuing with establishing and conducting test programs for product investigations, and ending up with preparing reports for clients. We are internationally recognized at working on technical problems of diverse purposes and obtaining solutions. We demonstrate good judgment and adhere to work processes, procedures and global standards because we are not only evaluators but we have a passion for what we do. We verify the conformity of standards for fire suppression products and components such as centrifugal fire pumps, fire pump engines, sprinkler system components, etc. based on the best international standards and UL standards.
• Conclude the project scope and develop a preliminary plan of investigation accordingly.
• Determine the project specifications such as time and sample requirements by analyzing our clients input, supplemental data and product construction.
• Discuss with your clients technical issues, explain procedures and requirements and negotiate completion date and sample requirements.
• Establish appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying Standard requirements.
• Notify your client of any areas in which the product is not in compliance or of any changes in project scope or specifications.
• Coordinate or conduct laboratory activities by preparing data sheets, scheduling and establishing completion dates.
• Witness testing at manufacturer's facilities or other external laboratories.
• Communicate project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports in English.
• University Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Industrial or other Engineering, or Physics from an ABET accredited program
• Minimum 3 years directly related experience of working in the fire suppression or related industries with ideally experience in safety and performance testing of fire suppression products or related components
• Fluent English
• Ability to identify and manage priorities as demonstrated by the ability to establish, track, and meet schedules for multiple projects while maintaining project quality
• Strong customer focus, flexibility
• Confident, calm and decisive personality
• Willingness to travel (up to 30%)
The role of a Project Engineer is someone who:
• Wants to work for a global market leader in the certification industry, with recognized expertise in the testing, inspecting and certifying solutions.
• Comfortable challenging the technical staff as it relates to system, sub-system and component level process and designs.
• Comfortable communicating to the team fresh out-of-the-box ideas from an outside-in perspective.