Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Builds and maintains the testing programs that UL's Consumer and Retails Services Division uses to help Customers assure products are safe. Support the Division's Product Safety regulatory engine, following regulations, legislation and industry developments across the globe. Assist positioning Consumer and Retail Services as an industry knowledge leader and best in class testing program service provider.
Provides day-to-day support managing the Division's testing protocol database and LIMS. Under general supervision, executes the timely completion of regulatory research and testing program projects. Independently analyzes project requests for scope, schedules work and meets Customer deadlines. Evaluates Customers' technical challenges, working with laboratory staff and subject matter experts, and develops solutions.
Assists Customers resolve questions about their consumer products complying with regulations, laws and industry standards in North America
Advises on appropriate quality and performance testing for client consumer products
Represents UL at meetings of outside organizations, and provides presentations on technical topics
Enters testing program data in order to build and maintain a testing protocol database/LIMS
Builds, updates and maintains client testing programs
Maintains thorough knowledge of regulations, rules and procedures in North America
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM related discipline or Juris Doctorate, plus 2 years relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the assigned regulatory discipline
- Ability to develop knowledge of regulations and standards in consumer products industry
- Ability to present standard information, and respond to questions from individuals or small groups of internal or external clients.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as legislation, regulations, and laboratory and operational procedure manuals.
- Ability to resolve problems involving several variables in standardized situations where specific decision-making guidelines exist.
- Experience in laboratory testing environment (biotech research, environmental testing and other similar type lab experience can substitute for work with consumer products)
- Researching regulations and the tracking legislative processes
- Managing relational databases and/or providing testing services using a LIMS
- PMP Certification a plus