Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Under direct supervision, perform the technical design, development and configuration of LabWare LIMS software, to support business requirements as documented. Supports IT leadership and senior development professionals in the analysis of effort and impact of the requirements, provides options, risks, costs, and impact on business process and goals.
- Analyzes business requirements, preparing of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Implements complex requirement for multiple platforms, operating systems and applications.
- Develop and configure the LabWare LIMS software in accordance with recognized programming and organizationally mandated standards.
- Actively participate in project meetings, design and technical reviews as required.
- Develop and review full documentation required including functional specifications, detailed design specifications, test plans and scripts, traceability matrices and other documentation as defined by the project plan.
- Design, development and testing of LabWare coding and configuration to meet user and functional requirements defined in the project.
- Development of prototypes for business review and signoff.
- Work with internal/external customers, subject matter experts, other developers, business analysts and project manager to understand the needs of the business requirements.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or similar.
- Minimum 6 years of LabWare LIMS V6 development and configuration experience.
- Minimum 4 years of Crystal Reports development experience.
- Knowledge of the following: Oracle DBMS, SQL and LabWare LimsBasic language & functions.
- Familiarity with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Validated Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a globally deployed LabWare LIMS system.
- Strong organizational and task/time management skills.
- Excellent team player, motivated and self-starter.
Remote position; Location dependent on candidate